I was busy…
I love when my sewing plans fall into place and I am able to make something or in this case, finish up some things I started. May was a busy month and I ABSOLUTELY love it. I always look forward to Me Made May every year, seems that’s when I am most productive.
Besides my me made garments I was also able to make over 500 face covers for local veteran’s, local hospitals, and family and friends that were in need.I was happy to be able to make and provide them, it was tough making them knowing that this may be the new normal for a while. I just hope and pray that will be a vaccine to help with the virus.
One thing that I did that I am so proud of, is that I went through my stack of Unfinished Outfits (UFO’s) and started finishing those off. I found some of the garments I could wear and others were just way too big, I am a good 12-15 pounds lighter than when I started some of these projects. So with that comes the good and the bad.
So let’s start with the bad….it’s not a bad pattern, but was a bad fabric choice, wondering if that’s how it ended up in the UFO stack. The fabric as you can see is completely see through and it is really, cheaply made if that’s a word. It wouldn’t hold up for a everyday summer dress.
This one I absolutely love, the fabric is fun, the dress is cute, but…it’s way too big. So big that I wouldn’t feel comfortable taking a photo of myself and posting it, as the whole left side of my girlie parts (boob) is completely out of the dress. I would love to take it apart and size it down to fit, but not sure if that will happen. I may take the fabric and make something else out of what I can salvage. This dress was the dress I was going to wear to my daughter’s college graduation 2 years ago. I ended up wearing a store bought dress instead.
If you know me, you know I love a good jumpsuit and this one was no different. I started making this one 2 years ago, I must have had a lot going on in 2018 to have so many UFO’s. This one fits, I did have to seam rip the bodice and shorten the elastic a bit, but other than that it works perfect. I can’t remember where I purchased this fabric from, but I definitely need some more.
This one fits also. I used a border print on this on this one. Fabric was purchased from Michael Levine’s about 3 years ago. I did make a rookie mistake on this one. I should have cut the back on the fold, to not interrupt the pattern on the back. It’s okay, I usually wear a cardigan over my dresses when working in the office, so it wouldn’t be seen and if I wear it at home, no one really cares. LOL!!!
Still in the stack…
Here are a few that are still in the stack.
Style Sew Me – Bree
I do plan on completing this one, just haven’t gotten to it. This is a great dress and the fabric I have chosen is super soft and great for the heat we are already getting here. Today it is a high of 104 degrees, that’s okay as I am currently working from home.
This one I am going to have to work some magic on. I don’t know what I did to the area on the front of the dress for the front facing goes, but it is definitely cut the wrong way. I am going to get creative with it, I can’t just let some good camo fabric go to waste. Like a good jumpsuit, I love camo.
This one is coming soon. I started it and the pattern didn’t line up and I took it apart, did it again and the same thing. I need to get the walking foot out and get started. I made this one and love it. I need tops in my wardrobe. I feel as though I wear the same ones all the time.
There are also a few coats, which I won’t post on this blog post, as they will not see the light of day, it’s too hot for that. Look for a blog post next week, with all the new garments and a few collaborations that I have done in May. I will also be re-taking pictures of me in the UFO garments, my lighting was horrible on the ones I took and now I have access to more lighting.
Please remember to stay safe! Happy Sewing!