Now that I have somewhat a “NORMAL” schedule, whatever that means, I am sewing more. July I made a few pieces, shorts, pants, tops, and currently on the sewing table is a kimono. I need to install the facing, but not sure I want the facing on, due to the print on the fabric to me it takes away from the print. I will pin and see how it looks. I may even do a poll on Instagram for some feedback. Here is the kimono in its unfinished state. I am using McCall’s 7790 View C and the sleeve variation from View B. I love a dramatic sleeve. I know some of my sew sisters have their eyes on my lining, but it hasn’t been pressed yet, get your eyeballs out of there, I know it’s showing.
For the next few weeks, I have my work cutout for me, yes pun intended. I have matched fabric and cut out several patterns to make for the few weeks. Hoping to have a small get away with the husband for our anniversary. Fingers crossed that COVID cases don’t shut us down again.
Any-who enough of that talk, you want to see what I have up next? Well here goes…
- Simplicity 8177 – The Coat
I am making the coat version for our mini trip, this way I only need one coat to wear with every outfit. I picked a black ponte knit fabric for this one.
2. Simplicity 8790 The Hoodie in View D. The fabric selected is a gray sweatshirt fabric for cooler mornings as I like to walk in the morning to start the day.
3. Simplicity 1167 The Tank Top. Black Knit Fabric for the win. I can wear this with the pants that are number 4 and the coat from number 1.
4. Simplicity 8605 The Pants View E. I choose view to see if I will need to take of the usual 5″ of the bottom due to the pattern being 5″ longer than what I need. Once it’s cut I will measure it to see what, if any, alterations I will need to make. This fabric is a leftover piece from another project I made.
5. Simplicity 9268 Top and Pants
This one is not for our trip, but I love this outfit and I found this pretty pale pink . I think this a gauze. I will have to find the label for it, for details when it is completed. For now I am making a muslin of the top for fitting. Although is not a close to body fit, the size I think I need is really big, so I am making a muslin and will alter from there if needed.
I will need a few other pieces to go along with the ones posted here, but for now, so I am not overwhelmed this is all I have set out. I will add additional items when these are completed. Have a great week!!!!